Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tesla Con Pics are Up!

Finally, I've attained photographic evidence of my voyage to the moon! I'm afraid these pictures don't quite do justice to the experience, but I'm not sure what would... Maybe you could listen to some dramatic music while looking at these pictures. Or maybe I should actually do my job and write about it.



The Violet Ray Cure (Depicted above and below), a device from the early 20th century believed to cure just about everything. In exchange for trying it out, customers at this vendor could get a dollar off any item, so I braved the scary-looking lighting bolts coming out of the end. Sadly, it failed to cure my head cold, but I got a good deal on a button with a picture of Nikola Tesla on it. 
Some of the many sharply-dressed crew members aboard the HMS Silverstar. 
Upon our arrival to the moon, we soon discovered that we were not alone. Fortunately, the Selenites were not only peaceful, but also rather charming and Muppet-like.
A strange sort of automaton called a Dalek. From what I've heard of such things, they have a tendency to exterminate any living thing nearby, but Alexia was brave enough to snap a picture when its back was turned. 
One of the many devices displayed at the Science Fair. Artist credit and additional information is posted on the sheet of paper in front of it. 
One can never have too many jet packs, you know. 
A vampire-hunter's crossbow, complete with a silver cross and a wooden stake. I seem to have misplaced the artist credit, so if anyone knows who made this piece of awesomeness I would be quite grateful. 
 A mechanical croquet mallet. Suitable for an all-out battle with a terrible enemy, or just a simple game of croquet on a sunny afternoon. This item is entitled The Effing Mallet by Captain Magnus Effing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment