Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Like Trainz!

At this point I'm mostly just killing time while I wait for my sister, the only halfway skilled photographer between the two of us, to send the photographs she took at Tesla Con. Until then, enjoy this little collection of random crap!

So I woke up this morning thinking about trains for some odd reason, and started to wonder just what a steampunk train would be like. It's really quite embarassing to have to wonder about such a thing, considering the number of trains in my steampunk fiction, but really, why would trains, a symbol of steampower, not be so prominent in steampunk? They may not be as impressive as airships (nor as effective for piracy) but they were the primary form of transportion throughout the Victorian age. Thus, I decided to stop wondering and start putting together a gallery for your time-killing or inspirational purposes.

NOTE TO ARTISTS: Since I stole used these images without permission, which I probably shouldn't do anyways, I will not object if you want your work credited more thoroughly or even removed entirely from the site.

A more or less traditional Victorian design, plus some extra shininess. By Arrarra on Deviantart.
All aboard Picture  (2d, illustration, train, steampunk)
By Peggy Chung Robert Simmons

I couldn't find an artist to credit for this, but I found it here.
Steampunktrains
According to Wired, this is an early design sketch for a monorail.

From The Paper Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment