Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glastonbury Abbey Ruins!

This one's more or less self-explanatory. Medieval Abbey, destroyed during the Dissolution, and left to beautiful decay for several hundred years.

Glastonbury itself is quite the interesting town. It's believed to be King Arthur's burial place, which apparently means that it attracts tons of hippies. I wouldn't characterize myself as part of the hippie crowd, but where one counterculture gathers, others tend to slip in around the cracks, meaning I was able to find plenty of gothic and steampunk merchandise in nearby shops. I bought a lovely jacket, although I'll have to post it at another time--after a week of too little sleep and too much running around adventuring, I'm not in much of a state for modelling.

For now you'll just have to deal with these lovely abbey pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment